Stefan Boublil Wish List 2014
Written by Katie on December 9, 2014. Permalink
Stefan Boublil, the creative director of the apartment, is next to share his wish list of gifts to give/receive this holiday season. Thank you, Stefan, for taking the time to share. (If you’d like to share your list, just send us 5 to 10 links to items you want to give or get.)
Stefan’s own words:
I must confess I have been extra-naughty this year, what with all my coveting thy neighbor’s wife, restraining orders and whatnot. That is why I am expecting mostly compressed carbon this christmas, which doesn’t mean all my wishes should go to waste, so here they are, in the hope you may partake in the joy I am forbidden by court order to relish in :
1. First of all, somebody made new, old-style Mickey Mouse cartoons ($8.96) and no one told me? Shame on all of you!
2. Instead of merely crushing pepper like a common thug, this beautiful wooden mill laterally slices it, for increased flavor and something to talk about at dinner other than arguing, again, about what the plural of Focus is*: Molino Pfeffermühle Eichenholz, € 95.00
3. In researching new gear for my annual get-out-of-the-freezing-cold January trip, I looked far and wide for the best, distortion-free iPhone lenses available and Moment delivered, right on time: Moment Lens, $99.99
4. Good design is often a simple functional idea, executed with beauty. Such is a mere weighed knot in your iPhone cable, preventing its fall off your already crowded night table and subsequent cursing-at-the-gods you didn’t get AppleCare: Night Cable, $39.99
5. Living now only a few minutes from Modena, Italy, I went looking for the best Balsamic vinegar money could buy and I found the oldest producer in the world, founded in 1605 and, amazingly, available on Amazon for your convenience: Giuseppe Giusti Banda Rosa Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, $75.00
6. A trauma (see #4) you might do away with completely if you only used a dock of course: Spool Dock, $65.00
7. I want this life-size flasher Gremlin ($239.99) from Gremlins 2 because it is a life-size flasher Gremlin from Gremlins 2, don’t argue with me.
8. Under a crisp white shirt in daytime and all by itself at night is how I imagine my perfect birthday going in the company of my wife and Sophie Hines’ Intersect Elastic Harness ($28.00).
9. If you read this blog, you are a person of discerning taste and probably have a good pair of speakers in your home so don’t bother with those crappy underpowered bluetooth ones just to stream from your phone, instead, connect what you already have: ROCKI, $49.00
10. And finally, four years ago, while still in NYC and in order not to go insane, I peeked within the layers of my time so far experienced and attempted to analyze what I saw. In doing so, I dug up a process to question everything, a method for sanity which I have named The Considered Life. This year, I published. So if you will allow this bit of self-promotion as my last wish, here it is, for your consideration:
For iOS: The Considered Life
For Kindle: The Considered Life