If you’re planning any road trips this summer, you might consider checking to see if any of these beaches are on the way to your destination.
From wejetset magazine:
Dr. Stephen Leatherman, coastal expert with Florida International University’s Laboratory for Coastal Research, has recently published his 18th Annual Top 10 American Beaches ranking. Click Read More to view the ranking and our tips for turning a beach visit into a healthy excursion.
top ten american beaches
1. Caladesi Island State Park, Dunedin/Clearwater, FL
2. Hanalei Beach, Kauai, HI
3. Siesta Beach, Sarasota, FL
4. Coopers Beach, Southampton, NY
5. Coronado Beach, San Diego, CA
6. Main Beach, East Hampton, NY
7. Hamoa Beach, Maui, HI
8. Cape Hatteras, Outer Banks, NC
9. Cape Florida State Park, Key Biscayne, FL
10. Beachwalker Park, Kiawah Island, SC
Fifty criteria were used to evaluate the beaches, including water and sand quality, facilities and environmental management. The top spot went to Caladesi Island State Park. According to Dr. Leatherman, “Caladesi’s real attraction is its powder white sand, warm, crystal clear water and beautiful nature, all making it the number one beach to enjoy and decompress”. -wejetset magazine