As we’re in the last throes of shopping frenzy, let’s throw some random stuff together and give one last jolt, a therapeutic dose if you will, to your dying interest of finding just the right thing. Don’t give in to the general malaise of oh-this-cheap-pair-of-gloves-will-do, for you, my friend, are better than that (you are reading this site, after all). A thoughtful gift is out there, and some places are even offering free shipping today in time for the 25th.
Items in these ‘random’ images aren’t even numbered, thus showing you that I’m also pretty tired of the whole gift frenzy, and you’ll have to use your brain to figure out which items match the list. Hint: items are listed from left to right, top to bottom, just like you read a book.
1. David Shrigley’s An Interesting & Exciting Collection of Postcards, 24 postcards (A6 size), $40.00. Give this and then state you expect a postcard. Every. Single. Week.
2. Jonathan Van Dyke’s Six Cups, each $110.00 – $210.00. Pick the one that you think your friend/loved one would like best.
3. Ai Weiwei’s Sunflower Seeds Handkerchief, $35.00. This would go down well as a gift for anyone who appreciates/admires the artist.
4. Iittala’s Vitriini Oak Base Box, $30.39. How perfect is this for someone who has little trinkets to store?
5. Malia Jensen’s “Ask Me About My Cat” tee shirt, $45.00. Perfect for anyone who has a cat, obviously.
More random gift ideas to follow today and Monday, don’t you worry.