The next installment of gift ideas is from Tyler Goodro of Plastolux. He finds all manner of modern interiors to inspire, and his site is on my oft-visited list.
Here are Tyler’s picks:
If I had to make a list of “want” or “want to give” it would be easier to go with “want”, what a scrooge I am! The large items are on my DREAM list and the smaller items are more of a reality.
1. Napoleon Dynamite (Oil Painting) by Dave Sharp, £370. For the Pièce de résistance this amazing painting of none other than Napoleon Dynamite. I love art, especially pop art, one of a kind, and obscure. I am sure my wife would not let me put it anywhere other than my den, so that is proudly where I would display this character.
2. Flip Clock – Time Talks, £299.00. With my background being in Graphic Design I am a sucker for objects that have some killer typography involved.
3. Large Ash Wood Cutting Board, $32.00. This would look amazing sitting on my white quartz countertops but then would I have to actually cook?
4. Bosse Miniatures designed by Walter Bosse, $45.00. These little solid brass sculptures would look really great in a grouping, odd numbers of course.
5. Polder sofa in Anthracite designed by Hella Jongerius, $8,505.00. We are in desperate need of a new sofa, our old Ikea sofa has been beat on way too long. The Polder Sofa is one of my dream pieces. I love the geometric “block like” design.
6. Provide Made / Arrows Cushion Aubergine, $180.00 – $220.00. I recently just discover these amazing geometrically patterned cushions. I can’t think of a better accent cushion for my new Polder sofa.
7. Countour, Illustration by Simon C Page, $20.00 – $80.00. I really like the work of Illustrator Simon C Page and the print titled “Contour” is one of my favorites.
8. The Pig Bank by Harry Allen, $220.00. This has always been on my list but I have yet to pull the trigger. It would have to be in Chrome.
9. Chieftains Chair designed by Finn Juhl, produced by Onecollection, $13,900.00. Hey, I did say some items were on my DREAM list. This chair so killer in so many ways. I really could use a nice lounge chair like this for my den, Heck while we are at it, let’s make it a pair!
10. WAVE bedspread in Burnt Orange with Orange stitch by Wallter, $580.00. We recently moved into a new house and our master bedroom really needs a “pick me up”, and this textural beauty would be perfect.
To see more on Tyler, visit Plastolux.