Happy holidays to you! Hopefully the end-of-the-year festivities will bring you joy, and you'll get plenty of rest so you can start the new year out right. Posts here on BLTD will return when we've been away from our internet machines long enough to miss them. Pictured above: Geometric Paper Wreath $39.95
Written by Katie on December 18, 2017. Permalink
Written by Katie on December 15, 2017. Permalink
Are you sick of gift guides and talk of gift giving? Instead of looking at yet another gift round up, browse through our tagged gifts for the perfect item for your favorite friends and family members. There's all sorts of items in all sorts of categories, and they're all sorted by price. Happy shopping!
Gifts for Him
Written by Katie on December 14, 2017. Permalink
Just a few ideas for you in case you're stuck... 1. 500 lumens with three light settings and USB port with 30” cord for charging other devices: Trailblazer Flashlight, $100.00 2. To keep him warm: Cashmere Crew, $100.00 3. H2 in Silver Cloud, $199.00 4. Closed Helix Keyring, $30.00 5. The Intrepid Gent Men's Essentials Kit by Aesop, $92.00 6. Louise Bourgeois Card Case, $20.00 7. B&O Play P2 Speaker in Natural, $169.00 8. Komono Walther Watch in Nero, $180.00 9. Stylish and minimal: The Nylon Square Backpack, $58.00 10. So he can sew his initials (or favorite curse word)…
Gifts for the Homebody
Written by Katie on December 11, 2017. Permalink
How about gifts for someone that loves staying home? You know, a nice vase, a few coasters, a good tray, and the like. 1. Stem Vase, $179.95 2. Six Mirrored Coasters, $145.00 3. Drink the Moon Coasters, $18.00 4. Mini Lumio+ Book Lamp, $125.00 5. U Vase, $50.00 6. Large Paperweight Open Thistle, $68.00 7. Lapis Rectangular Tray, $195.00 8. Bar Decanter and Tumbler Set, $70.00 - $160.00 9. Skultuna Karui Tray, $125.00 - $275.00 10. Effect Vase Gold, $26.00 For more inspiration, check out our Gifts section, where items are organized by price.
Written by Katie on December 8, 2017. Permalink
- The Internet is under attack. This is the Battle for the Net. and Net Neutrality: What You Need to Know Now - 2017 in Photos: Wrapping Up the Year - I Tried Emailing Like A CEO And Quite Frankly, It Made My Life Better - Richard Woods Lumio - The Cat Case - Pet-friendly Bookcase & Cat Tree Alternative - The Taxonomy Of Fruits & Vegetables - The Glittery Jewels Of The Bee World - Glow in the Dark Tokyo Furoshiki by Hannah Waldron Enjoy your weekend.
Written by Katie on December 7, 2017. Permalink
How about some random fashion gifts for those nearest and dearest? There's no real rhyme or reason to the selection, just that they're all pretty fun. 1. Cotton Blend Cheetah Tote Bag by Hansel from Basel, $31.00 2. Beautiful: Open House Amistad Hair Clip, $179.00 3. Cloud-shaped metal key ring Gold, $14.00 4. Black Moon & Stars crew Socks, $30.00 5. Luranus Planet Brooch, $36.00 6. I love this earthtuface Skin Stick; add solid perfume to make it a bundle: Skin Stick + Geranium & Vetiver Shell, $89.00 7. Pretty brass ring with glass cabochons: Suede (Brass) Ring, $155.00 8.…
Written by Katie on December 6, 2017. Permalink
Know someone that likes snapping photos? Here's a few things that they might like as a gift this holiday season. 1. Clip on this 2-in-1 Wide Angle and Macro Lens over your phone’s existing lens for a new perspective. $30.00 2. Too cute: Camera Patch Pin, $6.00 3. The Glif holds your smartphone securely in portrait or landscape with a quick release lever, and includes three tripod mounts. $28.00 4. Lomography Lomo'Instant San Remo Plus + 3 Lenses - Instant Film Camera. $134.99 (More cameras at Lomography.com) 5. Camera Pin by Macon & Lesquoy, $24.00 6. Friends' portraits (and selfies?)…
Written by Katie on December 1, 2017. Permalink
- Cabin Porn 2018 Calendar, $17.00 (You can buy prints there too.) - LOGIFACES Concrete Menorah - Halo Wireless Phone Charger - Orijeen's rainbow-hued furniture uses lenticular surfaces to change colour - The Minimalist Notebook - Hmm. POSTUREAZE, "the easy way to maintain good posture." - Planner: Colour Me 2018 - Nutrl: Fresh Bath Towels Made with Silver - Know anyone? She Should Run Have a great weekend. Scott's Cabin, $42.00, 16 × 20-inch Frameable Print
Written by Katie on November 30, 2017. Permalink
Ah, the holiday season... and all the shopping that goes along with it. We're going to not do the guest gift guides this year, but, remember, you can click on over to our Gifts category, where items have been sorted according to price. Plus, the previous Gift Guides are always fun to look at for ideas. Let us know if you come across any broken links. Happy shopping! Gifts Under $25 Gifts $26-$50 Gifts $51-$75 Gifts $76-$100 Gifts $100+ GIFT GUIDES
Cyber Monday Sales
Written by Katie on November 27, 2017. Permalink
If you're wading through newsletters in your inbox right now, you have my sympathies. It feels like Black Friday/Cyber Monday has sort of gotten out of hand, so I'm trying not to pay too much attention to it. However, if that makes you frown, here's a few sales notifications that didn't immediately get trashed, as well as a few items that look awfully tempting. Good luck. Up to 70% off: West Elm / Pottery Barn / etc 35% off: Areaware (Promo code CYBERSALE35) Up to 30% off (certain items): DWR Take 30% off: Tattly (Promo code BLACKFRIDAY2017) 20% off: odetothings…
Written by Katie on November 21, 2017. Permalink
We're taking the rest of the week off to spend time with friends and family*. Here's hoping that your Thanksgiving is better than you hope, and that you get your fill of turkey (or another seasonally appropriate alternative) and all the other wonderful stuff. 1. Polder® Mini Red Magnetic Timer, $7.91 2. Hario Measuring Cup, $9.00 - $12.00 3. Nut Hammer, $39.95 4. Pure Black Carving Fork and Boning Knife, $79.00 5. Hand-Eye USA Made Work Apron, $50.00 6. Silvia Song Maple Nesting Bowls, $115.94+ 7. Kobenstyle 6-qt Casserole (in white), $160.00 8. Handmade Ceramic Growler, $50.00 9. Groove Trivets,…
Herman Miller Sale
Written by Katie on November 20, 2017. Permalink
Guess what? It's time for the Herman Miller Sale! That means it's an excellent time to snap up a classic, as you can save 15% and get free White Glove Delivery. Hooray! Shop the sale at the Herman Miller Store, of course, or at DWR, YLiving, or HiveModern.
Written by Katie on October 31, 2017. Permalink
There are some truly terrifying Halloween decorations (aesthetically speaking) and I don't blame you if you'd rather not take part. However, if you'd like to make a tiny effort towards recognizing the annual holiday that happens today, here are a few finds on Etsy that would be perfect for next year's half-hearted decorative effort, most of which can easily store away without taking up most of your garage or spare closet. Above: Halloween Banner, $12.99 Three Black Bird Decals, $8.00 - $22.00 Skull Pillow, $19.95 Black Cat Felt Coasters Metal Crow Garden Stake, $25.00 (Also, Black Raven Yard Stake, $23.99)…
Written by Katie on October 27, 2017. Permalink
- Qoobo : An interactive tailed cushion - Iris Hantverk Pocket Comb with Mirror - 12 everyday stretches that will help you stay flexible and fit - How to Teach Your Children to Care about Art - Iwan Pol: Happy Concrete - Cat Earrings and Enamel Keychain - These Neurons are Alive and Firing. And You Can Watch Them In 3-D (via scienceisbeauty) - Dumpster Fire Called 2017 - Award Ribbon Card Enjoy your weekend!
Written by Katie on October 20, 2017. Permalink
- Dot Piano (via kottke) - Bento Stack for Apple Accessories - 'Bound' Stool and 'Bound' Bench "The series is an experimental seating furniture projects assembled from scrap materials held together by ropes." - Dark chocolate is now a health food. Here’s how that happened. - So many lovely things: OEN Shop - Blue Fiets Bike Bell - peoplematchingartworks by Stefan Drashan via Enjoy your weekend.
Written by Katie on October 13, 2017. Permalink
- Heatherwick Studio's Friction table expands to adapt to different spaces - Splatter Napkin - A Young Architect’s Bed-Stuy Townhouse Makeover - DIY - Design lamp - Studio Ben Allen inserts pale plywood children's bedroom into Barbican flat - Book Sculptures (do you ever tire of seeing them?) - Rico and Joanne Zorkendorfer's Home - Slate-covered writer's retreat by TRIAS Enjoy your weekend.