I mentioned a while back that I would be able to compile a gift list for someone in dire need of ideas. Such is the case for reader Elizabeth, who has asked very nicely for help in finding her significant other a birthday gift. Guidelines: he loves design and art, books, fishing, nature, music and exercise, and a has thing for lobsters…
Since you’ve got a pretty good budget, I’ve included a few high priced items, but you could always choose a few lower priced items and group them together for a gift opening extravaganza.
4. IDEA Dynamic Headphones, $140. These look very similar to the retro Ashidavox ST-90 but they’ve got a better sound quality.
5. Seletti Skipping Rope, $60.00. (professional-standard 2.5m leather skipping rope)
7. This is at the top of your price range, but it’s a great piece. Art History editioned print by Vuk Vidor. $550 (backordered currently though, so it might not work… will ship on or after 15 September 2011)
8. Light Box No.2 by Lee Tracy, $400. The etching says ‘The Wish That You Were Granted Is Coming True Now’. There’s several more to choose from.
9. Wisdom Book by Andrew Zuckerman, ~$32 (all of Zuckerman’s books are amazing)
10. Now, this might be a bit out there, but you did say he has a thing for lobsters: “Night Walker” Bronze Lobster Sculpture on eBay ($174 buy it now price). There’s also a few lobster fossils on eBay that look interesting.
Hope that helps.